I have a relic condition 1850’s(I believe) percussion sharps carbine. The only writing I can make out is on the tang, “sharps patent 1848” with what appears to be a 4-6 digit serial number. The previous owner looks to have acid dipped it to remove the rust. It appears that the barrel might have been lined as there is dissimilar rust happening in the bore, this is best seen at the breech end. Bore at muzzle is .5”, barrel is 21 5/8”
Looking for guidance on this one, I’ve taken a bunch of pictures.








Looking for guidance on this one, I’ve taken a bunch of pictures.








Attachments
-
2AA68D76-F052-444D-9C7B-4E8ADE221553.jpg29.6 KB · Views: 309 -
503FC6E8-D39E-4AAE-BDC1-78BDF90D8A66.jpg25 KB · Views: 307 -
9F2CC94D-964E-45E2-A7CB-D58203127981.jpg77.3 KB · Views: 310 -
EA0EA331-D023-45E3-BA92-78B7FA91D972.jpg80.8 KB · Views: 316 -
3C9F2A0B-41C0-447B-816B-8C0B6C3E2FA8.jpg77.4 KB · Views: 314 -
28E67B6E-039F-40D7-A9F5-07E10AE85C4A.jpg82.5 KB · Views: 312 -
1CFED39D-C9DA-40B3-AF29-E305F9CB0DC6.jpg71.9 KB · Views: 315 -
1088EDC8-134C-4EA6-9ADD-7BE4F26972B0.jpg83.8 KB · Views: 310




















































