Hi folks, recently got a "project box".
One complete Martini Enfield, but with a peculiar receiver. No markings. None whatsoever, anywhere.
And, inside, where I usually have seen a machined part, under the rear-most threads of the barrel, looks more like a welded job. (sorry for the out-of-focus picture)
The barrel, though, seems decent, and has some info.
Now, also in the box, came a nice receiver. On it is a SMLE barrel, buggered quite a bit. Sort of an abandoned project from a previous owner.
So, I am wondering...
Should I trust the unmarked receiver?
Or should I remove its barrel, and put it on the nicer receiver?
Thanks for any input...
Louis
One complete Martini Enfield, but with a peculiar receiver. No markings. None whatsoever, anywhere.
And, inside, where I usually have seen a machined part, under the rear-most threads of the barrel, looks more like a welded job. (sorry for the out-of-focus picture)
The barrel, though, seems decent, and has some info.
Now, also in the box, came a nice receiver. On it is a SMLE barrel, buggered quite a bit. Sort of an abandoned project from a previous owner.
So, I am wondering...
Should I trust the unmarked receiver?
Or should I remove its barrel, and put it on the nicer receiver?
Thanks for any input...
Louis



















































