How many is too many ammo

jside86

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Location
Wainwright
3000 x 22LR

Plus 1 crate of 7,62x39 so 1200 rounds

Plus couple hundred of shots hell and couple hundred of 3006

I am quite sureis not that many but my wife is always wondering why I have that many rounds and is it hard to bring the zombie's or. 2012 excuse to the table

How bout you
 
Strange question. Do you really need help at establishing and justifying you ammo requirements?
If yes: give your guns to wifey, she knows better than you.
If no: kindly explain her that too much ammo is like too much ###, its impossible.
 
m193 2500
m855 2000
.223 4000
7.62x39 3x1120
7.62x54r 1x880
7.62x51 nato 100 : (
8mm mauser 300
9mm 2000
30.06 100 : (
.22lr 4500
more to come
 
3000 x 22LR

Plus 1 crate of 7,62x39 so 1200 rounds

Plus couple hundred of shots hell and couple hundred of 3006

I am quite sureis not that many but my wife is always wondering why I have that many rounds and is it hard to bring the zombie's or. 2012 excuse to the table

How bout you

I've seriously lost count of how much 22lr I have rolling around in the basement.
Got at least a couple of cases of 7.62x39mm, a solid 7+ cases of shotshells in various loads and f**k knows how many other rifle and pistol cartridges.
Yes, I'm a ammo whore :D :rockOn:

(E) :cool:
 
You know what the difference is between ammunition and gold? Gold sometimes goes down in price.

I remember buying Federal .22 525-round bulk packs at Walmart for $13.97. Now they're double that. Buy as much as you can afford while it's still cheap.
 
If toilet paper was on sale and you picked up a few cases, nobody would notice. If a prime vintage of wine hit the market, you would pick up a few cases as well. If some surplus ammo hit the market after several years of drought, you would grab up a couple cases of it too. My Father would buy several years worth of grass seed and fertilizer because he knew he would use it up. If you use it before it goes bad, is it a waste? If it was available everyday, you wouldn't need so much, but thats not the market. We don't know when the next batch of ammo is coming. If someone tells me I have too much ammo, I tell them to fack off. They do not go to the range twice a week like I Do.
 
m193 2500
m855 2000
.223 4000
7.62x39 3x1120
7.62x54r 1x880
7.62x51 nato 100 : (
8mm mauser 300
9mm 2000
30.06 100 : (
.22lr 4500
more to come

Wow ok I need more then lol
I live in a town of 7000 people so I want a least enough round in case they all turn zombie...
wich I think that if zombiepocalipse come they is enough redneck with rifle and gun in my town that zombie would have a hard time...

so do you try to keep in the same caliber or you buy guns with different caliber?
 
Wow ok I need more then lol
I live in a town of 7000 people so I want a least enough round in case they all turn zombie...
wich I think that if zombiepocalipse come they is enough redneck with rifle and gun in my town that zombie would have a hard time...
What are you, 12 years old? This kind of talk really annoys me. The Walking Dead is science FICTION you idiots. Stop hoarding ammo hoping there's a zombie apocalypse so you can live out your Call of Duty fantasies. This ranks right up there with people who think Jedi is a religion. :jerkit:

It also does NO help to us when outsiders and antis read this kind of crap.
 
What are you, 12 years old? This kind of talk really annoys me. The Walking Dead is science FICTION you idiots. Stop hoarding ammo hoping there's a zombie apocalypse so you can live out your Call of Duty fantasies. This ranks right up there with people who think Jedi is a religion. :jerkit:

It also does NO help to us when outsiders and antis read this kind of crap.


we need to make this forum private, paying member only so we can talk about whatever we want. but ya, he's nutty. gunnutz ;)
 
The Walking Dead is science FICTION you idiots.
Black swans were fiction until they came across black swans. You are suffering from a common logical fallacy (Evidence of absence), based on inductive reasoning.
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modus_tollens

Looking out the window and saying "Nope, no walking dead" does not disprove the existence of walking dead. If tomorrow a dead person walks by your window you would be forced to change your mind. Before it got chewed out of your skull, for want of enough ammo.
 
No such thing as too many

Exactly, its too much ammo not too many ammo, a lot of guys have different outlook on the amount of ammo stored. It's really easy to buy 5-6 bricks of .22lr around 20 bucks a pop and already have 3000, which sounds like a lot but in reality its not. On the other hand if you have 3000 rounds of 30-06 or .308 then that is definitely a lot!

I myself have 5 full crates of 7.62x39 (bought em all last year when they were going for 199, now they are 250-300ea), i got 4 boxes of 250 bird/trap shot 12gauge, maybe 2000-3000 of .22lr (kinda low in this area but just waiting for blazer ammo to be on sale :) ) and a few hundred rounds of everything else (buckshots, different .30 calibers, etc)

I find that my ammo stock is quite normal except for the 7.62x39 i kinda purposesly spent a lot more cash in this area. Anyways hope this gives u a point of view. And its never too many ;)
 
7.62X39 I have 2 crates worth but will be getting more
9mm I try to keep above 1000 rnds
308 soon will be back over 1000 again
usually a couple bricks of 22LR
likely will keep over 1000 rounds of 223 when I get an AR (Or I see a smoking deal on them)

But it's not un-common for me to hit the range and fire off 200-300 rounds. Not to mention I live in a place I can go bang off a few rounds on my property whenever the mood strikes me.

Too much to me is when I can't afford or have room to store... I think my limiting factor will be money first though haha
 
Back
Top Bottom