How many is too many ammo

I never has too many ammo's. Not enough ammo's to go around. I need to be stocked in my ammo's supply.LOL this thread rocks....
 
If you shoot milsurp, you need to stock-up when you can. That means multiple cases of the stuff, each case approximately 1000 rds. Then you have someone like Canada Ammo come along and offer "buy 2, get 3rd case free". Very quickly you can reach 10,000+ rds.
Also .22 goes very quickly so several thousand rounds isn't a lot.
 
What are you, 12 years old? This kind of talk really annoys me. The Walking Dead is science FICTION you idiots. Stop hoarding ammo hoping there's a zombie apocalypse so you can live out your Call of Duty fantasies. This ranks right up there with people who think Jedi is a religion. :jerkit:

It also does NO help to us when outsiders and antis read this kind of crap.

hulkavl3.jpg
 
The only way to guarantee that you have what you want when you want it is to stock up. When the store is sold out, the next shipment may be a long time coming. Furthermore, the larger the quantity you buy in one purchase, the less time you have to waste shopping.
 
How much is too much?

Personally? Never too much.

Legally? According to NRCAN and the Explosives Act, you can store up to 225Kg of loaded (ready to fire) ammo at your residence. Plus another 75Kg of powders and primers (in 10Kg containers). No restriction on brass or bullet quantities.
 
How much is too much?

Personally? Never too much.

Legally? According to NRCAN and the Explosives Act, you can store up to 225Kg of loaded (ready to fire) ammo at your residence. Plus another 75Kg of powders and primers (in 10Kg containers). No restriction on brass or bullet quantities.

225kg of propellant content. Not total cartridge weight.
 
225kg of propellant content. Not total cartridge weight.

Which is a huge amount of almost any conventional calibre. To the tune of ~77,000 rounds of .308, ~139,000 rounds of .223 or 7.63x39 or over 1 million rounds of .22LR (assuming a charge weight of 3gr).

Personally, the concept of too much ammo doesn't exist. I have ~15,000 rounds in various calibres and just noticed I am getting low on Federal 525 packs of .22LR. I am thinking a case of those should last me a year or more, since I only use them in one pistol. That will put me at 20,000 rounds for the moment. Buy it when you can and when it's cheap, as AK says, ammo prices are like taxes and insurance rates, they only go in one direction.

OP, if your wife has your leash that short you have bigger life problems than not having enough ammo. I've been through that and a divorce restored my sanity, filled my garage with motorcycles and my safes with firearms.


Mark
 
Wow ok I need more then lol
I live in a town of 7000 people so I want a least enough round in case they all turn zombie...
wich I think that if zombiepocalipse come they is enough redneck with rifle and gun in my town that zombie would have a hard time...

so do you try to keep in the same caliber or you buy guns with different caliber?

Did you count the population of the cemetary too.........

you might need a little more than 7000 if your town is a bit old ... lol
 
its way better to stock up in ammo then leaving your money in the bank( govnt steals your money any chance they get)
 
When you have to hire people to help you move it all, you have to many ammos.

2000 x51
6000 x39
800 x 54r
3000 5.56
1200 .40
4000 .22
100 12g

Still well far away from enough. Saving up for the Reliable Christmas sale and should hit the gents up at West Rifle for another case of x54r. That's really the only reason I have this much - way cheaper in volume plus some of this stuff (x51 NATO) is pretty hard to find nowadays.
 
Wow ok I need more then lol
I live in a town of 7000 people so I want a least enough round in case they all turn zombie...wich I think that if zombiepocalipse come they is enough redneck with rifle and gun in my town that zombie would have a hard time...

so do you try to keep in the same caliber or you buy guns with different caliber?

No way! Factor in another thousand to be safe. When they start dancing, they are a b!tch to hit.
 
3000 x 22LR

Plus 1 crate of 7,62x39 so 1200 rounds

Plus couple hundred of shots hell and couple hundred of 3006

I am quite sureis not that many but my wife is always wondering why I have that many rounds and is it hard to bring the zombie's or. 2012 excuse to the table

How bout you



22LR doesn't count, that's kids ammo!
 
3000 x 22LR

Plus 1 crate of 7,62x39 so 1200 rounds

Plus couple hundred of shots hell and couple hundred of 3006

I am quite sureis not that many but my wife is always wondering why I have that many rounds and is it hard to bring the zombie's or. 2012 excuse to the table

How bout you

Sounds like you don't even have 20 boxes of ammo, total. I've got over 20 boxes of 525 federals alone. Plus a couple crates of x39 and a few flats of shotgun ammo. I've got a fair bit of 45 ACP, Super and LC also some 44 magnum just for good measure. Fortunately it all packs away and hides easily, when I can't say that, maybe I'll start to think I have enough.
 
Back
Top Bottom