How much ammo are you keeping in the gun room these days?

Because there's not point of keeping more ammo than what the mag capacity is, I have...
10 x 9mm
5 x 7.62X39
3 x 12g
4 x 30-06
5 x 308

This is what keeps all the babies and the weak safe at night and prevents the criminals from having guns! This threads sucks! LOL!!!
 
Enough to win a localized war, but not enough for the zombie apocalypse yet.

Getting there though.

The real key is having the components to mass produce your reloads. Makes having a lot of ammo easier and cheaper.


That answer your question?
 
Pretty much fvck all compared to any one else it seems. I shoot too much and cant afford to stock up( this will change).
 
:eek:

You have not lived until you load 3000 rounds of any given caliber in a sitting... :D

The MOST I've ever had was, 500 .22, 90 7.62x39, 50 9mm, 50 .45, and 25 00 Buck. Butttt I went shooting the next day :D

I really gotta stock up, got a new M305 coming to me any day now, gotta bring in some .308, then some .223, got my eyes on a Savage Stevens :p
 
:eek:

You have not lived until you load 3000 rounds of any given caliber in a sitting... :D

Wanna help a non reloadee out lol .

Rough estimates since last idpa match ..

5 00 Low recoil buckshot
5 1oz rifled slugs
10 338 Winchester Magnums
20 .223 Hornady TAP
~ 300 Various .308 *fmj , soft point , AMAX Hornadys *
~ 400 Various .40SW , hollow point and fmj
50 45 ACP
50 .357 Magnum
60 22LR
 
i found a place that sells cheap surplus ammo for my sks, about 2 bucks cheaper for 20 than the range and any other place ive checked. so next weekend i think im gonna head up and pick up a couple hundred rounds or more of it and a crate come summer. and with my newly acquired shotgun i guess i now need to stock up on shotty ammo too :D
 
:eek:

You have not lived until you load 3000 rounds of any given caliber in a sitting... :D

I thought reloading rifle rounds were very time consuming and almost not worth reloading unless you really like it as a hobby???
If I could do 3000 rounds of any caliber in a sitting I would be all over it lol w:h:
 
I thought reloading rifle rounds were very time consuming and almost not worth reloading unless you really like it as a hobby???
If I could do 3000 rounds of any caliber in a sitting I would be all over it lol w:h:

Depends if you are loading on a progressive or single , Hand loading rifle can be Far cheaper than factory . I can load my hunting ammo with premunim bullets for a 1/3d of the price of the premium ammo and also have it shoot better as well and for plinking ammo? probly close to half price .

Oh and you can never have to much ammo;)
 
Really???
About a week ago I read a thread that had lot of people on here comparing the price of reloading to buying new. The price was really close, to close unless you just liked reloading. So reloading 1K 300 winmag rounds would be half the price of buying them new??

Oh and believe you me, I agree on Never enough ammo :)
 
Really???
About a week ago I read a thread that had lot of people on here comparing the price of reloading to buying new. The price was really close, to close unless you just liked reloading. So reloading 1K 300 winmag rounds would be half the price of buying them new??

Oh and believe you me, I agree on Never enough ammo :)

This only applies to 9mm/40/45 and 223 really....anything else the savings are substantial...and my 223 groups at 1.5" @100 with bulk AE, but sub-MOA with precision handloads a buddy of mine gave me to shoot once.

308 is about 45c vs $1 a round for so-so bulk, and when you get into 300WM or other territory it's way cheaper.
 
Back
Top Bottom