I work in the explosives industry. NEQ is always taken as a percentage because unless you are the manufacturer, it is impossible to tell exactly how much explosive content is in an article versus dead weight because it varies from product to product. And almost no one provides actual explosive weight for a given article. For 1.4S it is 10% of the gross weight.
I MAY HAVE A PASSING KNOWLEDGE IN THE EXPLOSIVES INDUSTRY AS WELL. BELOW IS A NATO DATA CARD.
although this did not transfer well, being in the industry, I am sure you can read it. The data I reference is for box weight. Box contains 5100 .22LR cartridges
The overall weight of the box, including the wooden box is 28kg, the NEQ per box is .918kg. I'll give you 5kg for the box and the ammo cans. Leaving 23kg for brass. That's one hell of a 10% deal. Seems like the difference is way over 25 times less explosive or 2500%. Nice try.
NATO STOCK NUMBER:
1305-00-305-0902
PACK DATA

ALLET DATA:STORAGE:TRANSPORT:NEQ/BOX:AIC:
A086 LOG SERIAL: 0010
NOMENCLATURE
Cartridge Calibre .22 Ball Long Rifle
PACK DETAILS:
50/Ctn,10 Ctn/Crdbd Box,5 Box+50 Ctg/M2A1, 2 M2A1/Wrbnd Box
UN NO:
0012 HAZARD CLASS: 1.4 COMP CODE: S MACC: Rest SSC CODE: ORD
SUPPL. FIRE SYMBOL: SUBSIDIARY RISK: EX NO:
1988000765
PROPER SHIPPING NAME:
CARTRIDGES FOR WEAPONS, INERT PROJECTILE or CARTRI
NEQ/EACH:
0.00018 0.918 NEQ/PALLET: 33.048
NEQ/EACH:
0.00018
NEQ/BOX: 0.918 NEQ/PALLET: 33.048
QTY/BOX
5100 WT(KG): 28 VOL(M3): 0.026 DIM.(CM): 37.8x32.4x21.3
BOX/PAL:
36 WT(KG): 1060 VOL(M3): 1.09 DIM.(M): 1.31x1.11x0.75
B-2
Need another?