Thats the best thing to do find your own proof and keep it with the gun its either antique or its not.
The other letter he was talking about is a RCMP antique letter they do give out free letters telling that "based on the info you supply"
that the gun meets antique status. But them letters are defacto registration as they do keep a record of every gun they give a letter to.
I used to get rcmp letters on every gun now on anything i can prove its antique by other meens i do that.
I think your info is good enough and its the best way to go.
Even photocopying a page from fladermans guide if your gun is in there will help.
Shipping Antiques is no problem. You are absolutely right. I have done this many times.
Ok a little derail, US to Canada seems to be a non issue but how are folks shipping antiques to the USA? Last time I looked canada post and most commercial package shippers wont take a firearm over the border.
If I'm honest, I'd put up with registration if it meant I could shoot anywhere. Registration has no benefit to the police (as stated by the police themselves), and the only way it really affects me is if 'they' come and try to take my guns away in some sort of War Measures Act police state BS. At which point I'd say, 'come and take them...', if you catch my drift.
In a free country, that which is not illegal, is legal. Laws exist to describe what is prohibited, not what is tolerated.
But freedom is not free, and you may need to fight for it. I'm willing to take the issue to court, I'd represent myself and win anyway, because it's very clear in law that it's not illegal, and therefore legal.
I sincerely hope each and every antique firearm owner will always use discretion enough such that no one ever has to go to court. In the event that someone does, however, I would urge that person to never, ever defend himself on this particular issue ... a precedent could be set that could have easily been avoided if that person had had a lawyer who is an expert on this topic and who wishes to defend our freedoms. When there is a lot at stake, do it right. That isn't the time to be a do-it-yourself lawyer.But freedom is not free, and you may need to fight for it. I'm willing to take the issue to court, I'd represent myself and win anyway, because it's very clear in law that it's not illegal, and therefore legal.
Actually I think antique firearmss are legally referred to as "non-firearms" in the criminal code.Antiques are firearms. They are exempt from some of the controls.
In an FRT report the:Actually I think antique firearmss are legally referred to as "non-firearms" in the criminal code.



























