I got a new HB wadcutter "webley" bullet mould.
It's throwing 240 grain bullets using 30-1 lead. I'm lube sizing to .453".
The bullets look kinda like the British "manstopper" webley bullets that were outlawed by one of those treaties where we agreed to only kill each other using "nice" bullets during time of war.
A large percentage of MKI/II/II webleys are throated .452" and some even tighter and some of these don't shoot flat base bullets worth a darn. Many will shoot better with a hollow base bullet. I got to the range this morning and tried a few - they shoot nice in a MKI .45acp and a MKII .455 I tried them in.
The MKII is one of the revolvers that just will not shoot flat base bullets, but the group with this bullet has tightened up to about 1/3 the size i got with .453 and .455 flat base bullets. That pistol has a .452" throat and a .454" barrel. It is a picky eater but i finally found something it likes.
It's throwing 240 grain bullets using 30-1 lead. I'm lube sizing to .453".
The bullets look kinda like the British "manstopper" webley bullets that were outlawed by one of those treaties where we agreed to only kill each other using "nice" bullets during time of war.
A large percentage of MKI/II/II webleys are throated .452" and some even tighter and some of these don't shoot flat base bullets worth a darn. Many will shoot better with a hollow base bullet. I got to the range this morning and tried a few - they shoot nice in a MKI .45acp and a MKII .455 I tried them in.
The MKII is one of the revolvers that just will not shoot flat base bullets, but the group with this bullet has tightened up to about 1/3 the size i got with .453 and .455 flat base bullets. That pistol has a .452" throat and a .454" barrel. It is a picky eater but i finally found something it likes.
Last edited:


















































