I put three hundred rounds through my Martini Henry Mk.I cavalry carbine today and still have a shoulder.
This is an ongoing project. I got this one as a sporter and in need of some TLC. I had some issues with the extractor but I got it shooting today and sighted in.
This mark of carbine would have been made circa 1879-1889. It subsequently went through a commercial conversion and the reciever has been scrubbed of martial markings as have the proofs on the barrel reinforce. However, each internal piece is still Enfield inspector marked and W/i\D acceptanced stamped. 1885 dated barrel is numbered to the receiver so I will make the assumption it is original to the rifle.
It has been converted to .22 rimfire with the use of a barrel liner.
The breechblock striker pin hole has been plugged and drilled at an offset for the rimfire cartridge.
The extractor has been fitted with a bridge to pick up on the smaller rim.
The sights have been recalibrated.
The gun has been reproofed. Pre 1912 commercial Brit proof marks and cartridge designation (22L).
Does anybody recognise this nitro proof mark? I am trying to figure out when it was reproofed.
This gun is alot fun to shoot and is a beer can killer!
Reamers are readily available so I am still toying with the idea of rechambering to .22 Hornet, but for now ammo for an afternoon of shooting for ten bucks!
This is an ongoing project. I got this one as a sporter and in need of some TLC. I had some issues with the extractor but I got it shooting today and sighted in.
This mark of carbine would have been made circa 1879-1889. It subsequently went through a commercial conversion and the reciever has been scrubbed of martial markings as have the proofs on the barrel reinforce. However, each internal piece is still Enfield inspector marked and W/i\D acceptanced stamped. 1885 dated barrel is numbered to the receiver so I will make the assumption it is original to the rifle.
It has been converted to .22 rimfire with the use of a barrel liner.
The breechblock striker pin hole has been plugged and drilled at an offset for the rimfire cartridge.
The extractor has been fitted with a bridge to pick up on the smaller rim.
The sights have been recalibrated.
The gun has been reproofed. Pre 1912 commercial Brit proof marks and cartridge designation (22L).
Does anybody recognise this nitro proof mark? I am trying to figure out when it was reproofed.
This gun is alot fun to shoot and is a beer can killer!
Reamers are readily available so I am still toying with the idea of rechambering to .22 Hornet, but for now ammo for an afternoon of shooting for ten bucks!


















































