I have my customs declarations say antique iron

Have a note in the box indicating pre 1898 revolver and the caliber.
Myself,I have a custom compliance declaration made up that cites the pertinent US and Canadian laws involved.
It has places for the necessary information on each iron including make/model,serial,caliber,year and markings etc.
I forward a copy to the seller with payment and have it filled out and placed in the package for return.
Makes it easy for customs when they open the box to verify that the contents are legal.
I started out just having a copy of Canadian antique regs added to the box.
I've expanded on it hoping to educate as many customs folks as possible.
The more of them that open my packages the better.
Also it's very important NOT to have it marked as a gift!
In my experience they are far more likely to send your iron along quickly if it means a payday.
