That is a real nice piece Jet, imho the sideplate is not a deal killer, it looks like it could be nicely "adjusted'' if one really wanted to. I probably would not bother.

I hope you are going to shoot that. I had my Webley out day before yesterday and put 50 - 235 grain bullets through it. I was surprised at how accurate the old girl was. Mine is an antique - I think it is 1882 or so. But it is a fine shooter with Unique.
Don't worry, it will get used. I have .455 MKII and .45 Schofield ammo ready to go for it.
Schofield 45 brass fits? I passed up 5000 starline 45 schofield brass last year at $13.00 per hundred. Ouch....
Well, because i thought he was being an ass. Of course I have been known to over-react on occasion.
Edit: Ok, on second look Cantom's post wasn't so terrible. My bad. Sorry.![]()
, we all goof-off on the Interwebs sometimes....
....I think you are correct about the number made, according to "Webley revolvers" the observed serial number range for the Webley W.G. Model 1886 ran from s/n 1467 to s/n 1876. This one is s/n 1861.
$5000? Wow, what part of the world is that? My friend didn't buy it but I have made an offer through him to the pawnshop and just waiting to see of it's accepted.
Europe,Brussels
the 1886 model is for sale for 4750€ ,(6230 U.S $)
the 1889 goes for 4500€ and is sold a few days ago
the government "green' goes for 4250€
webley nr 4 ,3850€
webley nr 1 ,3000€
the more common MK IV are between 175€ and 200€
This pattern with the long barrel and the rounded chamber cylinder is my overall favourite Webley, what a cool looking arm...the only way this webely could be nicer to my eye is if the barrel was just a bit longer.....but let be realistic asking a revolver to be nicer then this is just asking a bit too much.ha ha ha.
My 3 dream antique "non conversion" cartridge revolvers are colt 73, gasser, and this type of webly![]()



























