I'll try to find the link, but I read an article comparing IVI to other Mil Spec NATO rounds and it consistently shot tighter groups and was well under maximum allowable pressures. It shoots great for me.
TDC
I have no idea what the lot # is. It came loose in an unmarked ammo can. Some of the casings have black sharpie scribbled back and forth along one side though, something ominous I'm sure...If I recall correctly, there was a bunch of IVI 96 or 97 that wouldn't even group at 10" at 100m, and we even had misses on the 4ft screen at 200m.
As for your lot, who knows,, it may group fine,, or you might have the crappy stuff. It all goes bang though.
Some of the casings have black sharpie scribbled back and forth along one side though,,
I have no idea, but those markings sure make me wonder. Obviously someone marked those 15 rds or so out of a couple hundred as different.Are you sure these aren't someones old reloads?
Please do! It should be a very interesting article.
If I recall correctly, there was a bunch of IVI 96 or 97 that wouldn't even group at 10" at 100m, and we even had misses on the 4ft screen at 200m.
As for your lot, who knows,, it may group fine,, or you might have the crappy stuff. It all goes bang though.
I acquired a decent amount of '96 manufacture 5.56mm IVI through a trade. Anyone care to comment on how it groups in an AR15?
I have no idea, but those markings sure make me wonder. Obviously someone marked those 15 rds or so out of a couple hundred as different.
I talked to the guy I got it from and he said that this is what he did. So, that mystery is solvedif there is just a line down the side it could have been just the top round in a fully loaded mag marked to make sure that they are all still there ...........I know this was pretty popular in bosnia on my tour with people who didn't know how to take care of their kit



























