I was given this old gun recently.
I know it is a 30" Damascus steel 2 3/4" 12 ga.
Side plate is marked J Manton & Co.
Under the barrels there are proof marks and the numbers 13 and 14. I assume these might refer to the chokes (13 ga and14 ga?)
I don't know what proof house this is.
The barrel rib is marked Fine L'Aduin###? Steel
I assume I can play with this if I make up some blackpowder loads.
I am assuming this is a $5 shotgun from the turn of the century Eaton's catalog. Where was it made?
The firing pins have been removed and lost. Any source?
I know it is a 30" Damascus steel 2 3/4" 12 ga.
Side plate is marked J Manton & Co.
Under the barrels there are proof marks and the numbers 13 and 14. I assume these might refer to the chokes (13 ga and14 ga?)
I don't know what proof house this is.
The barrel rib is marked Fine L'Aduin###? Steel
I assume I can play with this if I make up some blackpowder loads.
I am assuming this is a $5 shotgun from the turn of the century Eaton's catalog. Where was it made?
The firing pins have been removed and lost. Any source?


















































