Lee Enfield Carbine reproduction nosecaps

So here we are a couple of years later after I embarked on this odyssey. I now have options for the nose cap when restoring a cavalry carbine.

IMG_2422_zps0fuwuo5h.jpg
IMG_2421_zpsil1pc3hl.jpg
IMG_2420_zpsazy4rkbj.jpg
IMG_2423_zpsffmluaak.jpg
IMG_2427_zpshai10jh9.jpg


Far left is a CNC machined nose cap made from a chunk of solid mild steel.
The center unit is an original Enfield made item.
The one on the right is an investment cast unit from Twin Kauris in New Zealand.



The CNC units fit like the original and looks pretty good. I will be applying some wear and antique patina to this one, I think it will work out ok.
 
Last edited:
2441-%20beforwafter_zpsxa1nbemo.jpg


Another nose cap found a home.

This one was my hunting rifle for many years. It has a Fulton marked barrel taken from a Sht.LE.
I replaced it with one taken from a sportered MLE and had it cut and turned down to carbine dimensions.

Barrel bands are now the challenge. I re-forged this one from a MLE unit and took the shoulders out drawing the band out a bit.
It works like a charm but MLE bands are not that common either.

IMG_2468_zpseabxkpnt.jpg
IMG_2471_zpsqg3pimtu.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom