While you are on the site, in your browser find and click "Add to Home Screen" A CGN beaver app icon will then be created to your phone that is directly link to the site.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
So here we are a couple of years later after I embarked on this odyssey. I now have options for the nose cap when restoring a cavalry carbine.
Far left is a CNC machined nose cap made from a chunk of solid mild steel.
The center unit is an original Enfield made item.
The one on the right is an investment cast unit from Twin Kauris in New Zealand.
The CNC units fit like the original and looks pretty good. I will be applying some wear and antique patina to this one, I think it will work out ok.
This one was my hunting rifle for many years. It has a Fulton marked barrel taken from a Sht.LE.
I replaced it with one taken from a sportered MLE and had it cut and turned down to carbine dimensions.
Barrel bands are now the challenge. I re-forged this one from a MLE unit and took the shoulders out drawing the band out a bit.
It works like a charm but MLE bands are not that common either.