Looking for a black powder side by side who makes a good one

762nato

CGN frequent flyer
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
222   0   1
Location
SE Ontario
Going to hunt waterfowl and upland want a front suffer with fixed chokes or tubes around 12 ga. Who makes a good one and where in Canada can I buy it?

A
 
Pedersoli for sure builds some of the better SXS guns around as far as muzzle loaders go, and for sure cartridge hammer guns.
I think Shooters Choice has some in stock , and you can also order them from Will Bilozir at ( 403) 938 6066
Cat
 
Ellwood Epps has a Pedersoli "Field" 12 ga SxS percussion shotgun advertised at $625 in "very good" condition on their web site.

I don't know how this one is choked but my Pedersoli 12 ga SxS is choked Imp cyl and Modified. Mine is from the 1970's and can't use steel shot.

I can recommend the Pedersoli. It's a great gun. Especially for upland game.
100_0115.jpg

100_0116.jpg
 
Further to the steel shot thing, I wouldn't use it even if I could for a muzzle loader.
I much prefer using either Bismuth or Nice shot for my waterfowl, and plated lead for the upland birds when out with the muzzle loaders.
Cat
 
I have one of the Pedersoli Baker muzzleloading shotguns in 12ga, with back action locks and a single non selective trigger and I love it.I use it mainly for birds and rabbits and it s choked modified and improved cylinder I believe.
 
Thanks for the reply's. Will Bilozar still sell for Ballistic Products? Where does one get bismuth?
Fit is important with a scatter gun so I will have to make a trip to shooter choice.
A
 
id also vote for pedersoli if you can find a full length cyl/cyl you then can load as normal with a nitro card and fiber wad then put a steel shot cup over that that way the burning powder will not even touch the plastic and not make a tar like mess.

pedersoli has two models that mite fit the bill the waterfowl cyl/ic and the slug gun idk if that's regulated for round ball/slugs or not
 
Back
Top Bottom