Mark up on Mil Surplus.

The.22guy

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Location
Edmonton
We all generally know the mark up on normal ammo but what about mil-surplus ammo.I mean before all the tax and what not do they pay the CZ govt like 20$ a crate for it ?.
Does anyone have thoughts on this ?.
7.62x39
or 7.62x54r.
I am also aware or all the time they have to put into it and am not disagreeing with the 20 cents a round we have to pay but just wondering .
Also what do you guys do with your surplus brass and those crates ?.
 
I'm not even aware of where you can purchase 7.62x54R. I'd like to know cause I'm running low. The last time I bought this ammo, I threw out the crate and kept the brass for reloading (which I'm not sure if its good for or not yet). If where-ever your buying your 7.62x54R ammo knows I'd like to ask him if its re-loadable brass or not.
 
Look down the throat of the brass. If there are two primer holes then it's Berdan primered and not easily reloadable ( Boxer has one hole; it's good for reloading). I bought several boxes of Bell that were Berdan primered; disappointing.
If it's washed steel cases then I'm sure the empties are best picked up, then thrown in the closest garbage.
 
We all generally know the mark up on normal ammo but what about mil-surplus ammo.I mean before all the tax and what not do they pay the CZ govt like 20$ a crate for it ?.
Does anyone have thoughts on this ?.
7.62x39
or 7.62x54r.
I am also aware or all the time they have to put into it and am not disagreeing with the 20 cents a round we have to pay but just wondering .
Also what do you guys do with your surplus brass and those crates ?.

Price paid is only part of the equation. The ammo usually needs to be purchased in very large quantities. This requires storage facilities. Freight charges are enormous, and many (most) shipping companies refuse to carry ammo, or demand a premium for freight. NRCAN may require testing, and charge for the service. I don't think the margins are all that large. I suppose if there was lots of money to be made, everyone would be doing it.
 
Its the FACT the canadian get SCREWED on EVERYTHING imported to this country

cabin air filter for my benz $63.00 canadian, a BETTER one in the usa $21.70

too bad we cant get gun stuff from the usa anymore I buy all my auto parts there as the oem stuff is up 75% cheaper then in canada
 
Price paid is only part of the equation. The ammo usually needs to be purchased in very large quantities. This requires storage facilities. Freight charges are enormous, and many (most) shipping companies refuse to carry ammo, or demand a premium for freight. NRCAN may require testing, and charge for the service. I don't think the margins are all that large. I suppose if there was lots of money to be made, everyone would be doing it.

Absolutely.

There clearly is money to be made, but considering the amount of cash required up front and the lenght of time the importer will be having to commit those funds prior to the ammo landing, it's not a game for the weak of heart.
 
Here is another example. Say you advertise sod for $1 a square yard (one roll) installed.

What would you say if I called you up and said please come to my house, deliver and install ONE roll?
 
THE .22 GUY;
"I mean before all the tax and what not do they pay the CZ govt like 20$ a crate for it "

Here we go again with all the expert opinions.... How much ammo have you imported ?? How many times have you been to these countries ?? How many afcilities do you operate ? In how many countries ?

Since you appear to have an inside track on the ammo, which has somehow been missed, I ask you to contact me at once, I will buy 50 million rds at this price, Cash....


John
 
CONTACT 148;
"Its the FACT the canadian get SCREWED on EVERYTHING imported to this country"

I love these comments, you are obviously fully familiar with the trade, I ask your advise, better yet I have some extremely interesting deals on ammo sitting off shore at the moment, fully approved for import into Canada....

I can offer one deal in particular on which you could at the very least double your investment, capital required, just over $6.2 mil.... You can do all your own work, then let me know if you think you are screwing the public at that point ??
John
 
OF course john you read my post i was useing auto parts as the example I KNOW of

ordered 6 clips for an acura for the rear window trim 10.89 canadian each from local dealer (had to order from BC)

called a dealer in the usa who had to order them from the exact same warehouse in BC to floridia then ship them to me in Ont, cost per clip $us 1.79 each

so 10.89- 1.79 =$ a $9.02 MARKUP x6 (each clip) I call that screwing over canadians. canadian total $65.34 us total 10.74 + 6.00 for shipping

no tax at customs (cant allways count on that thru) but even if they had taxed the shipment im still way ahead

John I dont know anything about the international arms trade.

when i see the same car as mine or same ipod or other consumer goods for as much as 75% cheaper were getting screwed (alot of the stuff is made in canada too)

Im NOT saying your doing the screwing John

but we are getting screwed on alot of products in canada
 
John,
You gotta stop reading these threads. Its getting you too wound up.

PS, thanks for bringing in the stuff you do.
 
THE .22 GUY;
"I mean before all the tax and what not do they pay the CZ govt like 20$ a crate for it "

Here we go again with all the expert opinions.... How much ammo have you imported ?? How many times have you been to these countries ?? How many afcilities do you operate ? In how many countries ?

Since you appear to have an inside track on the ammo, which has somehow been missed, I ask you to contact me at once, I will buy 50 million rds at this price, Cash....


John

Apparently he doesn't have the inside track, that's why he asked. He also stated that he's ok with the price, just wanted to know what's up.

His question was legitimate. However as with any business on the other side of the counter, I would not disclose my pricing scheme, however neither would I throw out snarky comments like your either. Your business, your secrets, I can respect that. Bashing and belittling is not required though.

Instead of flying into a defensive, blind rage every time somebody asks a question about the market, why don't you take a breath before responding or even better don't respond. :rolleyes:
 
Apparently he doesn't have the inside track, that's why he asked. He also stated that he's ok with the price, just wanted to know what's up.

His question was legitimate. However as with any business on the other side of the counter, I would not disclose my pricing scheme, however neither would I throw out snarky comments like your either. Your business, your secrets, I can respect that. Bashing and belittling is not required though.

Instead of flying into a defensive, blind rage every time somebody asks a question about the market, why don't you take a breath before responding or even better don't respond. :rolleyes:

Especially when you don't even understand what you just read... He asked IF the crates were bought for $20, he did not say they were.
 
Last edited:
THE .22 GUY;
"I mean before all the tax and what not do they pay the CZ govt like 20$ a crate for it "

Here we go again with all the expert opinions.... How much ammo have you imported ?? How many times have you been to these countries ?? How many afcilities do you operate ? In how many countries ?

Since you appear to have an inside track on the ammo, which has somehow been missed, I ask you to contact me at once, I will buy 50 million rds at this price, Cash....


John
Again with the same thing ."I mean before all the tax and what not do they pay the CZ govt like 20$ a crate for it ?.
Does anyone have thoughts on this " I was wondering if 20$ before all the tax and paperwork ect ect was a ball park figure and if you read on you would find this quote "I am also aware or all the time they have to put into it and am not disagreeing with the 20 cents a round we have to pay but just wondering" as stated I am not claiming to be an expert in anything I was wonder the before all the hassle prices paid to the main suppliers. And if you read on more you would find that I stated we are all quite happy with the prices we pay. So please read the entire question next time and try and not take such a offense to the question if I wanted to annoy dealers with this question I would have posted it in the dealers thread.
 
Apparently he doesn't have the inside track, that's why he asked. He also stated that he's ok with the price, just wanted to know what's up.

His question was legitimate. However as with any business on the other side of the counter, I would not disclose my pricing scheme, however neither would I throw out snarky comments like your either. Your business, your secrets, I can respect that. Bashing and belittling is not required though.

Instead of flying into a defensive, blind rage every time somebody asks a question about the market, why don't you take a breath before responding or even better don't respond. :rolleyes:
Well put thanks.
 
get me some 7.62 x 54r!!!!!!!!! i have an svt 40 that needs feeding!

^ what this soldier said.

hey ubiquitous 'they', while you're out there, get me some cases of 7.62x25 for the tok while you're at it.

readily available dies in the BC lower mainland, too, please, for those calibers.

and a partridge in a pear tree?

would...would saying 'please' help? cuz i'll do that.
 
Back
Top Bottom