Did some simple tests this afternoon. Zeroed my Rem 700 (for tomorrow's shoot at Borden) and M14 at 100 yrds. 700 I used Serbian 145grn fmj boat tail in brass cartridge. M14 using MSF 145 grn fmj steel cartridge.
Then tested the drop at 300 yards. 24 inch drop with the 700 firing Serbian (2 mil dots, 19 MOA clicks, at 14x). Also 24 inch drop M14 firing MFS. Both the same.
Things changed at 500. First zeroed at 300 for the Rem700, kept the M14 zeroed at 100 (for CQB). Drop at 500 was also 24 inches. Thus total 48 inch from 100m. M14 was more, more than 50 inches (off the target). At 6x max for the scope, I was past the 4th mil dot onto the verticle bar before I got near the centre.
So there appears to be better performance with the Serbian.
Need more testing to get this more precise.
Then tested the drop at 300 yards. 24 inch drop with the 700 firing Serbian (2 mil dots, 19 MOA clicks, at 14x). Also 24 inch drop M14 firing MFS. Both the same.
Things changed at 500. First zeroed at 300 for the Rem700, kept the M14 zeroed at 100 (for CQB). Drop at 500 was also 24 inches. Thus total 48 inch from 100m. M14 was more, more than 50 inches (off the target). At 6x max for the scope, I was past the 4th mil dot onto the verticle bar before I got near the centre.
So there appears to be better performance with the Serbian.
Need more testing to get this more precise.


















































