Miniature cannons I gave my groomsmen

Thanks for posting - I have sourced all the components and have them and the 30cal pocket cannon on order - Awsome idea for a groomsman gift - showed my 9 year old the video online last night and she is more excited than I am
 
It comes with the ram rod and 3 - 5/16" balls, I added everything else. My local store (Marksmans, Lethbridge) stocks cannon fuse in 12' lengths.
Hey Loki was the fuse you purchased through Marksman the pocket cannon suggested 1.8mm size? I bought some "cannon fuse" from another source and it's excellent fuse it's just a little too big (2.4mm) to fit in the cannons current fuse hole. I've been contemplating drilling out the cannons fuse hole to make the fuse I have fit ( I have over 10' of fuse and it's easy for me to get more so it would be nice to use it if I could ) but I'm worried the larger hole may affect the cannons function. Any thoughts anyone?:confused:
 
My fuse package doesn't say the size but I would assume 1.8mm. My calipers measured 2mm and it fits very tight in the cannons. I don't know if I would go to the trouble of drilling out the fuse hole to fit the larger size. I'd just buy new fuse myself.

If you do drill out the fuse another .2 mm or whatever it takes I cant imagine it would affect performance a whole lot, these things are more for smoke and bang than they are for raw firepower!
 
I've got one...fantastic toy! The fuse is less than 2mm, the bore is something like 5/16-inch. It takes dozens of shots to foul up to the point where ignition gets iffy, and when it does, you hold it under the hot water tap for a couple of seconds, swab with a Q-tip and you're back in business...it's stainless steel. Slingshot ball bearing ammo works great, FFg black or pyrodex, they're not picky.

Not meant for hand-held use, but of course I had to try. Hardest part is getting a grip on the thing without burning yourself...the barrel is only about an inch and a half long. If this thing actually hurts your wrist, you need to stop holding it with your pinkie finger up in the air! :)
 
Start off small, I'll try it out with a pack from WSS then I'll see if a sponsor will do a bulk deal. Like 10k ball bearings in a 50cal ammo can kinda setup. :cool:
 
Back
Top Bottom