Hello gentlemen,
For some time now, I was wondering if there are any modern flintlock rifles (not shotguns) still being manufactured using a twin-barrel design. In my honest opinion, I think that would be the best SHTF scenario gun to have, as it is the type of firearm that requires the least "modern technology" to make it shoot. A flint, some melted lead and propellant, that's all... with the only nagging limitation being that one shot, of course.
I have a Lyman Deerstalker flintlock in .50 that's pretty short, lightweight and not very flashy (which is a good thing in my opinion) and was wondering if I'd be able to get something similar, except with two barrels instead of one.
Here's a picture of what I have now (off the Lyman website) :
Thanks in advance for any input you can provide!

For some time now, I was wondering if there are any modern flintlock rifles (not shotguns) still being manufactured using a twin-barrel design. In my honest opinion, I think that would be the best SHTF scenario gun to have, as it is the type of firearm that requires the least "modern technology" to make it shoot. A flint, some melted lead and propellant, that's all... with the only nagging limitation being that one shot, of course.
I have a Lyman Deerstalker flintlock in .50 that's pretty short, lightweight and not very flashy (which is a good thing in my opinion) and was wondering if I'd be able to get something similar, except with two barrels instead of one.
Here's a picture of what I have now (off the Lyman website) :
Thanks in advance for any input you can provide!


















































