Most reliable 22LR rifle?

Is that so? That would make it notably lighter than the Little Badger.
I apologize, you are right in being skeptical of my 2 lb claim. That was a bad guess on my part. I can't find a scale around here to weigh it. Nor can I find a weight listed online. I think I was being a little careless with that statement of mine.
 
I think the most reliable would be the simplest... and that goes to the Gevarm .22 open bolt semi auto. Nothing simpler that I know of. Firing pins NEVER break. Post 14 sort of suggested it.
Only buggaboo I have with the Gevarm units is the stick magazine hanging out from the bottom. Loose the mag out in the field an yer stuck
with a short loading port auto that be fidgety to single load for and the slam fire bolt system is shyte fer accurate shooting at distances past
50 yds or so.

I owned 2 of the buggers long back that functioned fine, but didn't suit me fer woods use at all. Neat little rifles fer range day though.
 
Only buggaboo I have with the Gevarm units is the stick magazine hanging out from the bottom. Loose the mag out in the field an yer stuck
with a short loading port auto that be fidgety to single load for and the slam fire bolt system is shyte fer accurate shooting at distances past
50 yds or so.

I owned 2 of the buggers long back that functioned fine, but didn't suit me fer woods use at all. Neat little rifles fer range day though.
a Winchester 55 single shot?
 
i have had many CZ452 over the years. never had any issuses. i hav packed them on the snowmobile and on snowshoe.
dropped in the show and they always work.
 
Slightly different twist here. There is a new production copy of the CZ-Springfield M6. Which in itself is a copy of a copy)
In 22 LR and 410 underneath.
I have a Burris version 1 red dot, that is co witnessed at 20 yards for CCI Mini Mags and #7.5 lead birdshot. Small game in the open, use the 22, small game attempting to hide behind a bush, use the 410 instead.
If the optic fails in the field
I can just dismount it & use the irons. No magazine to lose. Using #6 lead birdshot and its full choke, I have rolled bunnies at a full 30 yards, no problem.
This is a light firearm with spare ammo storage right on board.
My two bits.
Edit: I am not too keen on the Chiappa built survival combo gun. Spare shotshells sitting in foam open to the weather. No thx! Its manufacture looks too cheap to my eyes. If forced to get something else I would seek out the older Savage 24. But it's not current production sadly enuf. That newer Model 42 looks feels horrible to me.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom