My New SAA COLT in 455 ELEY (pics) Best gun i ever seen!

dingus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 98.9%
363   4   0
Location
B.C
:dancingbanana:
Whooo Hooo :D
I found and Bought the Best Pre 1898 Antique SAA Colt i ever seen in all my years of Collecting.
This is a 455 British proofed pall mall barrel addresses gun.
Has its orignal Colt factory letter which confrims its all correct.
I been looking for one of theses along time as i only know of one other one member here has one of theses.
Ser number is in the 140,000s
this ones 7.5 inch barreled.
Its about as good as it gets.
Restored to factory new condition.
Grips are orignal to.
Serial numbers all match.
Dont ask what i paid.
more than a set of new MT tires for a jeep less than a new Korean car LOL
I have a 1878 DA Colt in 455 as well so being as im keeping it this ones a keeper to.
Its Cylinder is not altered its set up for 455 Eley.
The case it comes in is just fantastic to.

zzzzzert.jpg
 
Last edited:
That is so clean and crisp looking, I have a hard time believing it isn't a replica. Excellent find!!
 
Good grief, that is just stunning!!
Congrats on the find!
I'm making a formal request for MORE PICS PLEASE!! LOL

Once i get the gun i will post more pics.
The one thing i dont like is i will be scared of scratching this puppy, but im gona shoot this gun alot.
Its nice it has the orignal Colt letter with it.
the markings are all crisp and sharp even the Pall mall barrel top address is ex like new, the serial numbers are all sharp and clear.
There were only 1035 of theses 455 cal SAA Colts ever made.
Im still abit shocked at getting it.
 
Very nice. I bet you are in the minority when it comes to shooting antiques. I'm with you though, if you can do it safely and not damage the gun, why not enjoy it for more than aethetics?
 
OK ... I will just start selling everything i own now so I will have the $$ when it goes on the EE. I know you says its a keeper but you really need a new set of tires for that Jeep!

Stunning!
 
Very nice. I bet you are in the minority when it comes to shooting antiques. I'm with you though, if you can do it safely and not damage the gun, why not enjoy it for more than aethetics?

Hi Yes i agree with you there, i dont buy em just to look at.
I will be installing a new Cylinder set up to shoot 45 Schofield tho.
That way the 455 one dont need to take a s**t kicking.
The 45 Schofield will still shoot 455 ammo as well but will not chamber a 45 long colt so my antique status is still good.
I worked the emails hard and fast to get this gun :)
I can honestly say this 455 Colt is a keeper, i might have to kick one or two other keepers outa the nest but this baby bird is worth it...
 
Enjoy your triumph!.
You've taught so much to so many through your postings here, it's your Karma coming into range of your checkbook.
but.... PLEASE.... dont come on here to tell us it shoots bugholes to point of aim!.
 
Be sure to let us know what kind of groups it shoots at 25 yards. I'll bet with a long barrel like that it will be a tack driver. I'm still green with envy. I have to keep reminding myself of that ancient command, 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's nice sixgun'.
 
That is exactly why we own antiques. I can't stand shooting at the range anymore. :shotgun:

Yes i agree the range sucks after enjoying the peacefull bush shooting i doubt i will ever go to a range again.

Anyone know who builds them custom hardwood colt SAA Cases please PM the Link or post it.

The proper ones with the screws in the lids and room for ammo ect.
I cant even find a picture of one on the Net.
 
VERY NICE FIND!!! I think I would be too scared to scratch it. Better trade it off to me, so you don't damage it & ruin your mojo!!!:p
 
F---Me you lucky Buzzard!
Now I know why the other nice ones went up for sale .
I know mine is my favorite peice in my collection I could use a pair if only I had the cash to tempt you.Very nice find good on you.
Mine is unrestored here is a pic to compare .
P6050002.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom