Name one caliber you think will be extinct within the next 5 years.

targettarget

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Location
Calgary
I think the .22 short OR the .45 GAP is going to die out within the next 5 years, or sooner.

They both serve no real purpose any longer, and I can't see stores, particularly in Canada stocking ammo that no one has a use for any longer.
 
+1 on the .45 GAP

I've been on the hunt for 357SIG ammo in S.Ont. it's been a nightmare to say the least, no luck yet but many stores seem to have 45GAP in-stock. So I jokingly asked why they keep 45GAP in stock but not 357sig and was told they've had that same box on the shelf for a few years. :p
 
22 short has been around for ever and I doubt its going to go extinct within 5 years

7mmwsm i can see going within a few years

204 ruger maybe. Really expensive varmint ammo that is also a barrel burner

17hm2 maybe, not many people use that round
 
+1 on the .45 GAP

I've been on the hunt for 357SIG ammo in S.Ont. it's been a nightmare to say the least, no luck yet but many stores seem to have 45GAP in-stock. So I jokingly asked why they keep 45GAP in stock but not 357sig and was told they've had that same box on the shelf for a few years. :p

Pro Line shooters in Calgary has a ton of .357 Sig. $40/box IIRC. I believe they also do mail order if you ask.
 
I really don't think the .22 short is going anywhere. Most of the obvious sales losers have been mentioned. I like several of them though, .223 WSSM especially.
 
.22 short is perfect pest control for around the house/camp.

30-30 is a classic deer round, not as popular as 50 years ago but still a favourite of many. Hard to beat a lever action 30-30 for in the close up thick stuff type of hunting. Although I know somebody will disagree.
 
.22 short is perfect pest control for around the house/camp.

30-30 is a classic deer round, not as popular as 50 years ago but still a favourite of many. Hard to beat a lever action 30-30 for in the close up thick stuff type of hunting. Although I know somebody will disagree.

30-30 is my go-to gun in the safe in hunting season...
 
Define extinct... pretty much anything ever made is still able to be made and is made by someone somewhere, even if it's just handloaders fireforming brass, or cutting it out of bar stock, someone will figure it out.
 
.45GAP....its one of my favorite rounds, I like it better than .45ACP. Have Glocks in both and shoot the G37 about five times as much as the G21SF.

.45GAP isn't going anywhere, four state agencies use it as duty guns.

There is a better variety and selection of JHP in .45GAP compared to .357Sig or 10mm, and nobody says there dead.

.45GAP will be around in 40 years, I'll still be shooting mine!
 
Back
Top Bottom