Name one caliber you think will be extinct within the next 5 years.

I think the .22 short OR the .45 GAP is going to die out within the next 5 years, or sooner.

They both serve no real purpose any longer, and I can't see stores, particularly in Canada stocking ammo that no one has a use for any longer.

Absolutely. The .22 short is going to go out of style any second now. From 1857 until 5 years or so....

Remember, you heard it here first, from targettalk!

if I didn't already like my sig, I'd put that there instead.:cool:
 
Can we define "extinct"? Does it mean not chambered by any manufacturer? Not produced as factory ammo? Delisted from reloading manuals?

Given all the wildcats out there, all it really takes to keep a cartridge alive is one dude who thinks it's the cat's ass. Hell, Cowboy shooting brought a couple oldies back from the grave, to more popularity than when they were alive, who's to say the next big thing isn't going to make 7-30 Waters, the hottest item flying off the shelves?

Truth us, I just plain don't believe in "extinct" cartridges. Just because it takes a little more work than buying a box off the shelf, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
 
I just invented 17-50BMG, 50BMG necked down to a 20 grain 17 cal. Barrel life is acceptable. I expect this to be extinct within 5 years.
 
Does anyone still chamber rifles in 303 brit. I know there are millions of milsurps, sporterized milsurps etc., but the majority of these used and abused rifles have seen better days, kind of like the people that originally carried them.

Is it a little far fetched that such a popular cartridge (especially in Canada) could fade?
 
Nobody makes new rifles in .303, but there are enough rifles kicking around that I don't think ammo makers will discontinue it any time in the foreseeable future.
 
Nobody makes new rifles in .303, but there are enough rifles kicking around that I don't think ammo makers will discontinue it any time in the foreseeable future.

Hell, IVI still produces it for our military, and there are millions of .303 rifles floating around the U.S., England, Canada, Australia, and even India for this cartridge to go extinct any time soon.
 
Back
Top Bottom