Nazi 9mm Ammo

ArtyMan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Location
Ontario
Hey guys,

I recently came into some 9mm ammo that I am told was produced by Nazi Germany. The rounds are all black with the headstamp 5 then 43, then am then finally stt. Does anyone know what this stuff is?
 
To conserve lead during World War II in Germany, the lead core was replaced by an iron core encased with lead. This bullet, identified by a black bullet jacket, was designated as the 08 mE (mit Eisenkern—"with iron core"). By 1944, the black jacket of the 08 mE bullet was dropped and these bullets were produced with normal copper-colored jackets

h ttp://wapedia.mobi/en/9_mm_Luger_Parabellum

??? maybe, cast iron bullets lol
 
well, with that link I found out it was manufactured in Gustloff Werke, Otto Eberhardt - Patronenfabrik. Thanks for the help guys, should I shoot it? sell it? is it worth anything?
 
5 43 5th lot of ammo made in 1943.
There are warnings about shooting WWII German 7.9 steel case rounds because the cases are rusting internally.
 
Seems to me like there would be some sort of collector value there. It's not like Nazi Germany is going to be pumping out any 9mm anytime soon.

As for actual value, I wouldn't have a bloody clue.
 
yea the pistol in question is an AC44 P.38, I cant see myself shooting it at all now that I think about it (the ammo not the pistol)
 
In collecting terms its nothing special, but in Militaria terms it does have more value. I can't think of many cartridge collectors who would pay much, but can think of alot of gun and militaria collectors who would like them for displays etc, so I think say a buck a round is fair-ish, maybe more, maybe less depending on condition.
 
Not tremendously expensive, but somewhat collectable.
Dosing's estimate of a buck a round is probably right if you sold them singly at a show.
 
Back
Top Bottom