Mk. III Snider Enfield.
Looks pretty doggy.
How about a full length shot?
This is a Snider-Enfield Mk. III made in 1871 by the Enfield armory. As for value, I'll let other shime in.
Butt trap says carbine so worth way more than rifle,but need to see more.
Doesn't look too bad to me. More photos would be nice. This type is manufactured from new as opposed to being converted from muzzleloader. The broad-arrow/ I on the lock plate may indicate India "stores" but there is also a Canadian marking on the butt. Tell your friend not to do anything that might reduce its value like over aggressive cleaning (or any sanding of the wood).
milsurpo
Doesn't look too bad to me. More photos would be nice. This type is manufactured from new as opposed to being converted from muzzleloader. The broad-arrow/ I on the lock plate may indicate India "stores" but there is also a Canadian marking on the butt. Tell your friend not to do anything that might reduce its value like over aggressive cleaning (or any sanding of the wood).
milsurpo
Actually looks pretty good.sight cover intact,don't suppose there's a cleaning rod in the butt?



























