My good buddy is dealing with the passing of his grandfather,
during the clean out of his estate he came across a few pistols wrapped up and hidden away for what appears to be multiple decades.
he sent me a text and asked me if I knew anything about them and I said I would try and help out
and I apologize for no pictures at the moment he's still back in the old day's of a flip phone and pics aren't even worth trying to take lol
the first one is a colt
on the side of the barrel it is marked
Colt. D.A .38
Top of barrel has this
Colt's pt.f a mfg co
Hartford ct usa
pat aug 5 84 nov 6 88 mar 5 95
as for serials or stampings, it has on the frame when you open the cylinder and on the release button 185
Serial on the base of the grip is above 276***
I am not up to par on my antique status stuff hoping one of the pro's could fill me in,
I did a quick google and saw on back in 2016 sold in Vancouver for 2600 and was marked as antique but I really am not sure if they are the same etc.
it would be awesome if by chance it is antique and not have to be handed in to the powers at be. as he would love to get it restored and back into operation
he also found a break action Iver Johnson I think he called it but it seemed in pretty poor condition and he wasn't to eager to find out about it.
during the clean out of his estate he came across a few pistols wrapped up and hidden away for what appears to be multiple decades.
he sent me a text and asked me if I knew anything about them and I said I would try and help out
and I apologize for no pictures at the moment he's still back in the old day's of a flip phone and pics aren't even worth trying to take lol
the first one is a colt
on the side of the barrel it is marked
Colt. D.A .38
Top of barrel has this
Colt's pt.f a mfg co
Hartford ct usa
pat aug 5 84 nov 6 88 mar 5 95
as for serials or stampings, it has on the frame when you open the cylinder and on the release button 185
Serial on the base of the grip is above 276***
I am not up to par on my antique status stuff hoping one of the pro's could fill me in,
I did a quick google and saw on back in 2016 sold in Vancouver for 2600 and was marked as antique but I really am not sure if they are the same etc.
it would be awesome if by chance it is antique and not have to be handed in to the powers at be. as he would love to get it restored and back into operation
he also found a break action Iver Johnson I think he called it but it seemed in pretty poor condition and he wasn't to eager to find out about it.
Last edited:





















































