Never trust a seller when they tell you what year a gun was made always ask for the S/N and check it out.
I got a gun shipped to me last month that was “made in 1897” (got it off GB) but after I check out the s/n it was passed the cut off date.it was made in 1898, The seller had close to 2000 a++ feedback and was a FFL dealer that had a shop!! So I trusted him..
So 15 min’s after pulling the gun out of the Canada post box out came the chop saw…
The gun was a LIKE NEW in VG shape. 90-95% Factory blue colt 1892 in 41 Colt. With a 3” barrel so it was a prohibited gun. So I had to chop it…
(I did not want to weld it up seeing there was a lot of good parts on the gun that are like new.. hell the bore is like new also.
Do you think I did the right thing? I did not want to trust shipping a prohibited gun back to him… and I did not want the hassle to turning it into the cops and not getting my money back…
i hope by cutting the gun maybe ill get some of my money back.
This should be a Sticky..
this is a site i use to check what year guns where made
proofhouse.com
I got a gun shipped to me last month that was “made in 1897” (got it off GB) but after I check out the s/n it was passed the cut off date.it was made in 1898, The seller had close to 2000 a++ feedback and was a FFL dealer that had a shop!! So I trusted him..
So 15 min’s after pulling the gun out of the Canada post box out came the chop saw…
The gun was a LIKE NEW in VG shape. 90-95% Factory blue colt 1892 in 41 Colt. With a 3” barrel so it was a prohibited gun. So I had to chop it…
Do you think I did the right thing? I did not want to trust shipping a prohibited gun back to him… and I did not want the hassle to turning it into the cops and not getting my money back…
i hope by cutting the gun maybe ill get some of my money back.
This should be a Sticky..
this is a site i use to check what year guns where made
proofhouse.com



















































