New Hornady 7.62x39 w/balistic tip

targettarget

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Location
Calgary
hornady_762_1_370_df.jpg
hornady_762_3_370_df.jpg


http://www.tacticalgunfan.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=553&Itemid=1
 
"To check accuracy, I fired four consecutive five-round groups from sandbags at 100 yards. Average group size was 2.3 inches"

Seems very cool, anyone know when we'll see some?
 
Hornady's my favorite ammunition manufacturer by far, this is just another reason why. It'd be nice to get some up here. It sure will increase the utility of the SKS's and if I ever get a calibre conversion for my Robinson XCR. The 7.62 I`ve found locally is usually FMJ, anything huntable is slim pickins. Hopefully they put out some in an SST or RN Interlock.
 
They probably receive primed cases from somewhere in the ex-Soviet bloc and load them in the US. AFAIK no one in the US manufactures small arms ammo with steel cases.
 
I thought one of the big attractions of that cartridge is low price?

I can't imagine these are even close in retail pricing to crates of surplus ammo...
 
I dont expect it'd be cheap, or for many people to buy in bulk. But if it's a step above whats available right now for hunting x39 I'd buy some, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
 
Winchester makes it, so your local gunshop should be able to bring it in. If you're a WalMart or Canadian tire afficianado, forget it.
 
I think Ingrams is the best. Soft point, Brass Boxer primed, reloadable. But super expensive they go for $20 a box of 20.
 
The type of primer has nothing to do with the compound used in them. Most countries use Berdan primers, especially for military ammo, but modern ammo is rarely corrosive.
 
Back
Top Bottom