New Hornady 7.62x39 w/balistic tip

i was fortunate enough to get 1, 000 of those bullets (not loaded rounds) last year. I have been loading them in my Winchester brass. They are an awesome bullet producing good results in my AR 7.62 x 39 build. I don't know if and when I will be able to get more so I am using the remaining ones judiciously. This is a typical result using an AR with a 4x scope @ 100 yds. It is a two inch square. Group measured just under an inch.


AR30calgroup.jpg
 
i was fortunate enough to get 1, 000 of those bullets (not loaded rounds) last year. I have been loading them in my Winchester brass. They are an awesome bullet producing good results in my AR 7.62 x 39 build. I don't know if and when I will be able to get more so I am using the remaining ones judiciously. This is a typical result using an AR with a 4x scope @ 100 yds. It is a two inch square. Group measured just under an inch.


AR30calgroup.jpg

Pretty much the same results I get from my SKS using Czech surplus




(at 25 yards)

:dancingbanana:
 
I can't imagine Hornady selling ammo with corrosive primers.

Berdan vs. Boxer refers to the design of the primer cup and anvil.
 
I can't imagine Hornady selling ammo with corrosive primers.

Berdan vs. Boxer refers to the design of the primer cup and anvil.

Sure, but I have seen Russian corrosive ammo sold too often as non-corrosive to trust anything to Russian primers. If it were cheap, I would treat it like all other corrosive. I'd prefer that the tips to the loaded ammo though.
 
Sure, but I have seen Russian corrosive ammo sold too often as non-corrosive to trust anything to Russian primers. If it were cheap, I would treat it like all other corrosive. I'd prefer that the tips to the loaded ammo though.
Any Russian military will likely be corrosive, even today. No civie packaged ammo I have seen from RU has been corrosive.

Also, I believe Hornady already has importers, we are certainly not interested in importing ammo from the US these days.
 
Thank god I got the last 1000 rounds of igram soft points from dist corp. If your a hunter and want to use your x39 caliber rifle for hunting PM me and I can sell you a box or two. CanAm are you able to help us hunter's out? I even heard that nork even had some soft point ammo at one time. Is this true?
 
Thank god I got the last 1000 rounds of igram soft points from dist corp. If your a hunter and want to use your x39 caliber rifle for hunting PM me and I can sell you a box or two. CanAm are you able to help us hunter's out? I even heard that nork even had some soft point ammo at one time. Is this true?
I am not the Hornady importer. You would have to contact them. Yes, Norinco did produce SP once. They still could.
 
I dont expect it'd be cheap, or for many people to buy in bulk. But if it's a step above whats available right now for hunting x39 I'd buy some, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

I agree, I can't see anyone buying this in large quantities, maybe 1 box for hunting...
 
I just figured, if it was finical reasonable for CanAm to import some norinco soft point x39 next time he was making a purchase from them.
 
Back
Top Bottom