New webley owner! Question

I took a look at the hinge pin. It appears to have a very slight bend on one end, where the hinge screw threads into. It is bent forwards, in the down-range direction. Perhaps this is offsetting the barrel forwards, resulting in the gap. I wonder if I can get a replacement for this part.....
50387868182_570d7a39ae_z.jpg

According to the Skennerton book, "Pin, Joint axis Mark I" was the same for Mk 1, Mk 1* and also Mk II. This is they type of pin you would be looking for.

The book indicates the later Mk III Through Mk VI have a different pin "Pin, Joint axis Mark II". This is unfortunate since it would be easier to find one of those. Maybe one could be modified for your MK I?.

Perhaps a gunsmith/machinist could make and heat treat a replacement part for you? I am sure 130 years of improved metallurgy would make it a stronger and better part?


BTW, for those interested in prices from 1959, Webley Mk I still in original .455 were $10.95 US and for the premium of $12.95, you could get a 'shaved' one in .45 ACP.
1941Johnson_ARjuly1959.JPG
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom