No antique letter without registration

Like Dingus, I will only do it on models that are close to the cut off. Some pistols, like MKI and MKII webley .455 service revolver are ALL antique, and it says so in the FRT. A copy of the FRT or a letter stating it is antique is just as good for import as the antique letter, with the bonus that there is no record in your file, either.

Not wanting to beat a dead horsed:h:, but can you provide a copy of the FRT list or a link to that list? Others have asked for this before and maybe it has already been posted here.

What's the difference between "a letter stating that it is antique" and an "antique letter?" Sounds like the same thing.

Having a letter for a pistol close to the cut off, for pistols manufactured in late 1897 such as the early MK III, makes sense.
 
The application is put through to be rejected as such, so the technicians can deem it an antique. They told me it is the NEW way of doing it and by their tone , I believe they find it as much a pain in the ass as us! I think most of the researchers are volunteers or thats what they call them and I have found them to be quite pleasant and as helpfull as they can be.

Does that even make sense to you :redface: , though ?

B/c the technicians apparently aren't the ones who issue the letter (that is supposedly done by a separate dept., from what the CFC told me).

For someone that owns no registered handguns, I might partially agree with your point. But if one legally owns even one restricted or prohibited handgun, one already will be identified as a gun owner if a police officer runs a check before coming to your home. I don't think the same applies with antiques. After all, they are not firearms; the letter says that. Either way, it's not something I lose sleep over.

It's a bad "policy" :( , and one that many (on both "sides") do not seem to understand. Also, none seem able to name the "policy number" that dictates this should be done :wave: , so I guess it's easy to see why this fails the "smell test".

It's annoying that if we want get a "de-registered antique" certificate to avoid possible hassles, we are required to follow this procedure.

Who is "de-registering" anything ?...:confused:

If anything, it is getting registered for the first time !....TWK

It's a defacto registration. Law enforcement in commonwealth countries has historically been an agent of the queen, and not the citizenry. Get used to it.

(1) Yes it is de facto registration.

(2) I have great difficulties getting used to "new policies" for which there is no identifiable "policy number" !
 
This subject seems to bother alot of people just remember when you ask the goverment for anything they keep records of what they give you. and by law you dont need the letters to have a perscribed antique gun.
The letters dont really meen squat as you can give the said gun to anyone.
I must have alot of letters on file but only have about 5 keeper guns so they will be very dissapointed if they think im a antique firearm horader of some type :D
 
Not wanting to beat a dead horsed:h:, but can you provide a copy of the FRT list or a link to that list? Others have asked for this before and maybe it has already been posted here.

What's the difference between "a letter stating that it is antique" and an "antique letter?" Sounds like the same thing.

Having a letter for a pistol close to the cut off, for pistols manufactured in late 1897 such as the early MK III, makes sense.

Which fiearm are you wanting the FRT for? I have a few but not a complete FRT.

A "letter stating it is antique" is a letter I make myself.
An "antique letter" is the letter issued by RCMP / CFP firearms technicians.
PM on the way.
 
Back
Top Bottom