.....a copy of the frt or a letter stating it is antique is just as good for import as the antique letter, with the bonus that there is no record in your file, either.
x2!
.....a copy of the frt or a letter stating it is antique is just as good for import as the antique letter, with the bonus that there is no record in your file, either.
Like Dingus, I will only do it on models that are close to the cut off. Some pistols, like MKI and MKII webley .455 service revolver are ALL antique, and it says so in the FRT. A copy of the FRT or a letter stating it is antique is just as good for import as the antique letter, with the bonus that there is no record in your file, either.
, but can you provide a copy of the FRT list or a link to that list? Others have asked for this before and maybe it has already been posted here.The application is put through to be rejected as such, so the technicians can deem it an antique. They told me it is the NEW way of doing it and by their tone , I believe they find it as much a pain in the ass as us! I think most of the researchers are volunteers or thats what they call them and I have found them to be quite pleasant and as helpfull as they can be.
, though ?For someone that owns no registered handguns, I might partially agree with your point. But if one legally owns even one restricted or prohibited handgun, one already will be identified as a gun owner if a police officer runs a check before coming to your home. I don't think the same applies with antiques. After all, they are not firearms; the letter says that. Either way, it's not something I lose sleep over.
, so I guess it's easy to see why this fails the "smell test".It's annoying that if we want get a "de-registered antique" certificate to avoid possible hassles, we are required to follow this procedure.

It's a defacto registration. Law enforcement in commonwealth countries has historically been an agent of the queen, and not the citizenry. Get used to it.
Not wanting to beat a dead horse, but can you provide a copy of the FRT list or a link to that list? Others have asked for this before and maybe it has already been posted here.
What's the difference between "a letter stating that it is antique" and an "antique letter?" Sounds like the same thing.
Having a letter for a pistol close to the cut off, for pistols manufactured in late 1897 such as the early MK III, makes sense.



























