Glenn Kelley
Member
- Location
- Paris Ontario
I have a new to me Safari Arms Kentuckian in .45 caliber .
I started out with 40 gr of FFF, a .440 ball and a .008 patch .The patch is pillow ticking . Spit patch. It put the second and third shots touching in the bull but the patches I recovered had a perfect round hole burned in the centre . Other patches were 3/4 burned and some I never found .Accuracy went into the dumpster .
After the last shot I was gathering my stuff and noticed that the patch from that last shot was in the groove at the end of my range rod .I had pushed the ball though it .
The next time I took it out I used .433 balls . These will drop down the barrel . I didn't change anything else . I recovered one patch that had a hole burned in the centre . Later shots I couldn't find anything but the occasional small charred scrap . Accuracy was dismal .
Suggestions , help and encouragement need .
Thanks in advance .
Glenn
I started out with 40 gr of FFF, a .440 ball and a .008 patch .The patch is pillow ticking . Spit patch. It put the second and third shots touching in the bull but the patches I recovered had a perfect round hole burned in the centre . Other patches were 3/4 burned and some I never found .Accuracy went into the dumpster .
After the last shot I was gathering my stuff and noticed that the patch from that last shot was in the groove at the end of my range rod .I had pushed the ball though it .
The next time I took it out I used .433 balls . These will drop down the barrel . I didn't change anything else . I recovered one patch that had a hole burned in the centre . Later shots I couldn't find anything but the occasional small charred scrap . Accuracy was dismal .
Suggestions , help and encouragement need .
Thanks in advance .
Glenn


















































