Odd 9mm round

RMXC51

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Location
Working...
Search turned up nothing. I got a 9mm FMJ bullet today, stamp reads "DI 44 9mm". Case is normal length, but bullet is about .25" longer than a standard 9x19. Its old, that's for sure.

Revolver round?
SMG round?
Thoughts?
 
Has the bullet been jumped foreward?
I have seen an experimental Canadian round with a longer case, but have never heard of a bullet as described.
I would suggest weighing the round, and comparing its weight to a standard specimen.
X-raying is also an option.
Is the round too long to fit a Sten or Inglis magazine?
 
Some of that stuff is of balloon-head construction.

fir_m03_t06_02_e.1.png
 
Nope,
DC is Dominion, DI is really Defence Ind. Verdun, Qc. They also used the D (Broad-Arrow) C headstamp for the Brownsburg Qc plant.

Dî (with an arrow over the 'I') is Dum Dum, Calcutta India.
Post a pic for positive ID.
 
Baribel is correct.

D = Dominion Cartridge Company Brownsberg
DA = Dominion Arsenal (Montreal)
DAC = Dominion Arsenal (Quebec)
DC = Defense Industries 1886-1911 Brownsberg
DI = Defense Industries Montreal (Verdun) 1940-1945
DCC = Dominion Cartridge Company Montreal
 
From what I can find online, WW2 era 9mm SMGs all used standard 9mm pistol rounds. So what the hell would this thing be?
 
Back
Top Bottom