picked up a crate of Czech 7.62x39 and have never seen these before??

Those are different from what I've seen that's for sure. It'd be interesting to take one apart and see what's what.

On an unrelated note, don't scroll too quickly past the photo... the curve in the stripper clip can screw with your head first thing in the morning.
 
On an unrelated note, don't scroll too quickly past the photo... the curve in the stripper clip can screw with your head first thing in the morning.

Cool effect. I thought for a second it was my lack of coffee this morning screwing with my head.
 
One neat thing about the steel cases is that they rust away to nothing.
The local SKS guys have left our range polluted with these empties and they are rusting away much faster then I would have thought possible. Perhaps corrosive priming helps things along?
 
Yup.

Amazing how many people think the copper ones have an actual 'jacket' instead of just a copper wash... I told that to a fellow at the range who didn't believe me once, and he finally just told me I was "full of sh*t."

Well, I popped the round I had in my chamber out and used my knife to scratch off the copper wash with two swipes - then gave it to him and said "keep it as a reminder that sometimes it's better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt."

(That quote's often attributed to Abraham Lincoln, btw).

-M



Well, i put your theory to the test (kinda bored atm, something to do) and your right!

Cool!!! Can I still fire this round off?
 
One neat thing about the steel cases is that they rust away to nothing.
The local SKS guys have left our range polluted with these empties and they are rusting away much faster then I would have thought possible. Perhaps corrosive priming helps things along?

I never thought of that before. I would believe that corrosive priming and fired off steel cases would degrade at a higher rate and would be gone completely in a short time, perhaps even in as little as a year or so depending on how much moisture they came into contact with.

Can never have too much ammo though - I don't care what color it is.
 
Did you ever put any of this on the EE? I need a round to add to the collection

SUC52844.jpg
 
Yes, it is marked Fe/Fe vs Tbpl/Fe

thanks for the info Chris.
Saves me having to crack open a few sealed crates!:)

However, it seems I do not have that variety, so if the OP wants to trade a box, my cartridge collection would welcome it...
 
Back
Top Bottom