I had a consecutive pair of Taylor's '58 Remingtons in 44-40. Very nice guns. The frames were slightly larger than those of my cap & ball Remington .44s. to the point where they were a very tight fit in my 'Slim Jim' holsters.
They also have another flaw insofar as SASS is concerned. There is an edge around the rear of the cylinder that prevents you from seeing brass rds chambered. I had a machinist cut notches at each chamber so I could see which were loaded. This is a historically correct modification. Otherwise, to prove your gun at the loading table with an empty chamber under the hammer, you had to insert a wooden rod down the barrel, which means you are putting your hand in front of a loaded gun.
Of course, if you are not a CAS shooter, this couldn't matter less.
I'd recommend buying a standard .44 cap & ball gun and getting the extra .45 Colt cylinder so you have the best of both worlds.