I have an 1853 vintage '49. 6" Two line address in heavy brackets. ALL numbers match, and as seen pretty nice condition left on her. My PROBLEM? NO cyl. scene. NEVER was. Serial number on cyl(stamps) are bookends to the stampings of numbers on the rest of the pistol. Another interesting item is no ".31 cal" stamp on left side of trigger guard frame. Instead there is an ' X " . Although this is an earlier gun and I know the .31 designation was not evident until later guns. Can anyone shed some light on what is with this gun? Suggestions, speculations I have `mic`d`the cyl. exactly same specs as other `49`s I have. So no way it was buffed or turned down. Besides the se. number would have been effected. Serial number location on the cyl. is bookends to style, location , and height of my other examples. A Mystery!! thx GH
Last edited:


































































