Hey all
Came across a Brown Bess that I need ID for. Here is what I know.....
It is a conversion to percussion, although the hammer is missing. Great shape and missing ram rod.
10th Royal Veterans Battalion 6/39 marked on brass butt stock. I would imagine company and rack number.
The soldiers name is also stamped on the brass side plate and barrel. "Daniel C Currie"
I'll get picks up in a bit, thought I would post then add.
Brown Bess experts...... thoughts? 1st, 2nd, 3rd model?
thxs in advance
jordy
Came across a Brown Bess that I need ID for. Here is what I know.....
It is a conversion to percussion, although the hammer is missing. Great shape and missing ram rod.
10th Royal Veterans Battalion 6/39 marked on brass butt stock. I would imagine company and rack number.
The soldiers name is also stamped on the brass side plate and barrel. "Daniel C Currie"
I'll get picks up in a bit, thought I would post then add.
Brown Bess experts...... thoughts? 1st, 2nd, 3rd model?
thxs in advance
jordy
Last edited:


















































