I would like to buy an antique that is currently misregistered as a prohib. The current owner thinks it's going to be impossible to deregister and won't discuss it further with me because of this.
So, what is involved in getting the gun deregistered? I assume you get proof of antique status from the verifiers, then give that to the CFC? Is the CFC resistant to deregistering guns? (This gun is a rimfire revolver with clearly pre-1898 proofmarks)
Has anyone here done it? Can I do it for the current owner to save him the hassle?
So, what is involved in getting the gun deregistered? I assume you get proof of antique status from the verifiers, then give that to the CFC? Is the CFC resistant to deregistering guns? (This gun is a rimfire revolver with clearly pre-1898 proofmarks)
Has anyone here done it? Can I do it for the current owner to save him the hassle?


















































