Good day folks,
First antique to make its way into my shop; took it apart this evening and I think I'm not missing too many parts. I'm definitely not in my familiar territory so I hope you don't mind me asking questions...
1. What do I have? How bubba'ed or original is it?
As far as I can tell, it's an 1862 Snider-Enfield (on the side of the lock I can read "1862 Enfield"). I am not sure if the stock was shortened; there were two bands holding the barrel in the stock. There is no butt plate on the stock. One spring is broken (cocking spring?) and the trigger guard is missing. The barrel measures about 35 1/2 inches.
2. My hopes are to turn this into a decent wall hanger, which could #### and click; where could I find a replacement for the broken spring? And a trigger guard / screws? Thanks for any help, tip, info, etc...
First antique to make its way into my shop; took it apart this evening and I think I'm not missing too many parts. I'm definitely not in my familiar territory so I hope you don't mind me asking questions...
1. What do I have? How bubba'ed or original is it?
As far as I can tell, it's an 1862 Snider-Enfield (on the side of the lock I can read "1862 Enfield"). I am not sure if the stock was shortened; there were two bands holding the barrel in the stock. There is no butt plate on the stock. One spring is broken (cocking spring?) and the trigger guard is missing. The barrel measures about 35 1/2 inches.
2. My hopes are to turn this into a decent wall hanger, which could #### and click; where could I find a replacement for the broken spring? And a trigger guard / screws? Thanks for any help, tip, info, etc...


















































