This weekend I was sighting in my new to me reminton 700ML for the up coming deer season when I went to fire the rifle off, and boom and just after a sharp pain in my thumb... I am too used to my F/tr rifle and had my thumb sitting right up behind the bolt on the 700 the fireing pin instead of staying forward somehow blew back it cracked and broke my finger nail about 1/4" and left me with a nice blood blister under the the nail...
It seems to me like it might be some how over pressureing and blowing the shotgun primer back which intern blows the fireing pin back with a enough force to hurt you....
I am using hornadys 50 cal sabots and SST bullets which are the right caliber for the gun... I am also noticing after the second shot they are getting hard to push down the barrel and even on a clean barrel they seem to be really hard to get started... once they are 6-8" in the barrel it seems to be much easier to push them to the bottem...
I guess I should get it infront of the chrony to find out whats going on... I think I know what is going on but I am wonder if anyone else here has expereinced a similar thing with there remington 700ML... seems kinda stupid that you have to clean it in between every shot... well see this year if it can redeem its self or else ill be going back to the shotgun next year...
It seems to me like it might be some how over pressureing and blowing the shotgun primer back which intern blows the fireing pin back with a enough force to hurt you....
I am using hornadys 50 cal sabots and SST bullets which are the right caliber for the gun... I am also noticing after the second shot they are getting hard to push down the barrel and even on a clean barrel they seem to be really hard to get started... once they are 6-8" in the barrel it seems to be much easier to push them to the bottem...
I guess I should get it infront of the chrony to find out whats going on... I think I know what is going on but I am wonder if anyone else here has expereinced a similar thing with there remington 700ML... seems kinda stupid that you have to clean it in between every shot... well see this year if it can redeem its self or else ill be going back to the shotgun next year...


















































