Ruger Old Army Revolvers.

Maybe a bit more specific information would be good!
Fixed sights? Adjustable?
Modified or stock?
Condition?
A good photo would be very nice.

FWIW. I paid $1200.00 for my pair of ROA revolvers, about a month or so ago.
I considered that a fair price for those guns.

I have an opportunity to acquire a Stainless Old Army in 44 calibre. What is the going prices on them?
 
The one good advantage I personally observe with an off frame cylinder reloading stand, is that this device takes a load off of your gun parts.

Gun parts that are sadly discontinued.

I'm going to buy one of these expensive hooeys just for my ROAs on my very next payday.
Our outdoor gun club has plenty of bench space available with overhead cover.

Cheers!
 
The one good advantage I personally observe with an off frame cylinder reloading stand, is that this device takes a load off of your gun parts.

Gun parts that are sadly discontinued.

I'm going to buy one of these expensive hooeys just for my ROAs on my very next payday.
Our outdoor gun club has plenty of bench space available with overhead cover.

Cheers!

Off-frame loading stands are good news only if you don't have to shoot quickly in competitions...one of our club comps involves shooting thirteen shots.

tac
 
Off-frame loading stands are good news only if you don't have to shoot quickly in competitions...one of our club comps involves shooting thirteen shots.

tac
Interesting thought right there!
Could a Belt Mountain conversion kit be utilized??

After all the ROA is a modern design anyways....
Once you receive it in the mail, your Ruger can be converted within minutes as the allen key is provided with the kit.
I have an 1858 model also, and the ROA kit is just a bit less fiddly to deal with thanks to modern knurling in the right places.
Two spare cylinders and an off frame cylinder loading tool, and bob's your uncle.

maybe???
 
Last edited:
I haven't seen it yet but, am told it hasn't been used very much and is in very good condition. It is stock but, I'm not sure about the sights. Would one be able to use a ROA in cowboy action events?

Maybe a bit more specific information would be good!
Fixed sights? Adjustable?
Modified or stock?
Condition?
A good photo would be very nice.

FWIW. I paid $1200.00 for my pair of ROA revolvers, about a month or so ago.
I considered that a fair price for those guns.
 
Here in not-very-Merrie-olde-England, each extra cylinder is classed as a complete gun and has its own entry on your firearms certificate. I'm up to eighteen guns already, and can't have two more, even if they ARE just cylinders.

tac
 
Back
Top Bottom