Something I've never found a clear answer to:
Is the arbour pin that projects from the barrel assembly on S&W #3 top break revolvers removable? Were they shrunk or pinned in place? I've never seen one removed so I'm curious. I figure if they could be removed, new ones could be made to tighten up cylinders.
In the picture below I'm referring to the hollow arbour pin that projects from the barrel assembly, just above the hinge and just below the actual barrel mouth.
Is the arbour pin that projects from the barrel assembly on S&W #3 top break revolvers removable? Were they shrunk or pinned in place? I've never seen one removed so I'm curious. I figure if they could be removed, new ones could be made to tighten up cylinders.
In the picture below I'm referring to the hollow arbour pin that projects from the barrel assembly, just above the hinge and just below the actual barrel mouth.


















































