Sellier & Bellot 9mm

In my 650 S&B brass takes considerable more effort to resize as opposed to other brass.

Primer pockets are also crimped. At least in the SB 9mm I found on my range.

All other 9mm brass seizes the same except the SB.

Mind you its sample size of one reloader.

So YMMV.
 
S&B brass is often crimped, and even when not, it tends to have a very square profile edge which is relatively unforgiving when seating a new primer.

The 1050's swager takes care of the primer pocket.

I have no issues using it to load my ammo. If you want to unload it cheap, I'll take it.
 
Sizing problems are a result of the flash holes. Not only are the primers crimped/sealed but S&B and Ruag both use an undersized flash hole. So when sizing the case you are actually forcing your decapper to make a larger flash hole and the resistance is noticable. On a standard press with a short pin it will work with effort but be sure to clean out your primer cup afterwards as you may find burrs resulting from the pin pushing out a new size hole. They are a pain in the a$$ if you havnt experienced before, especially when the new hole pinches the decapper, requiring brute force and creative cursing to remove.
Cheers
dB
 
Tight primer pockets, I find that I don't have to swag them before seating a primer, but it is a little more stubborn than the others.

Other than that, I have no complaints.
 
Some reloaders also don't like the red shelac or whatever it is that is used to seal the primers. I don't reload yet so I don't mind.

From a shooting standpoint, it is excellent ammo. I have found it to be reliable and accurate.

I bought it because my local shop had a whole bunch of 124gr. on sale, so it was the cheapest thing in the shop at the time. Not sure what it usually goes for, but as a non-reloader, I would certainly buy it again.
 
Sizing problems are a result of the flash holes. Not only are the primers crimped/sealed but S&B and Ruag both use an undersized flash hole. So when sizing the case you are actually forcing your decapper to make a larger flash hole and the resistance is noticable. On a standard press with a short pin it will work with effort but be sure to clean out your primer cup afterwards as you may find burrs resulting from the pin pushing out a new size hole. They are a pain in the a$$ if you havnt experienced before, especially when the new hole pinches the decapper, requiring brute force and creative cursing to remove.
Cheers
dB

You mean you can actually force the decapper pin through the undersized flash hole on RUAG brass? I'm amazed it doesn't break or bend the pin.

I just toss any RUAG brass I accidentally pick up.
 
S&B is some of the most consistently good shooting ammo I have found, especially out of my CZs, and I use it as my primary ammo. I have also heard that it is crap to reload.
 
I got 49 S&B, 45ACP in a bunch of range brass I recently purchased. I had already sized and deprimed the S&B, along with the rest before reading this thread and was totally oblivious to the problem. I had no difficulties with the brass. Since reading this, I primed the brass using my RCBS hand primer,,no difficulty at all and I didn't ream or swage them.

The red sealant was still visible around the primer pockets so I'm assuming they're not in fact 2x brass with reamed pockets.

Is S&B's 45ACP brass different from its 9 ??
 
9mm S/B brass gets tossed after I shoot because of the small flash hole pulls my decapping pin right out I think the live ammo shoots ok.I reload there .38sp with no issues.
 
Back
Top Bottom