I suspect they are for a rifle, I figure Trailboss should be a very safe powder for this gun though.
I've used TB in mine. I just followed their guidelines for loading. Some what less dramatic as BP though! LOL
I suspect they are for a rifle, I figure Trailboss should be a very safe powder for this gun though.
Have you annealed those cases necks? May help seal it up. What dies did you end up with?
Thanks for your input but
Please, read through the posts, this gun's been re-barreled and re-chambered.
post #25 bud
sounds like a real hand cannon to me! LOL I love it!
,missed that post,
but holy crap! that's got to be a handfull
Definitely a handful. First pic is the gun with a few loaded rounds. For comparison is a 45 Long Colt and a 455 mkII round. Pic number two is a comparison between the 340 grain bullet I'm using and a 455 mkII round.
is that 340 grain bullet the Lyman 515139?
Yes. It's designed for the 56-50 spencer but throws a .515 as cast and my bore slugs about .512 so it's damn near perfect in the pistol. No way in hell I'd fire a full 50-70 load in this....![]()



























