I’m new to the Snider-Enfield and black powder world but not new to the world of military firearms. I have been a Weapons Tech in the CAF for 18 years now and have seen a few Snider-Enfield’s (most of them were in museums). I came across the one listed below at a local gun store and snapped it up very quickly. The metal finish and wood finish are in very good shape for its age and the rifling of the bore is clean and crisp and there is no marking on the face of the breechblock at all. Its almost like its never been fired in the 142 years since it left the BSACo factory.
Battalion Number/Name: 2HGA (2nd Halifax Garrison Artillery)
Stand #: 180
Snider Mark: III
Rifle type: Short Rifle
Lock Date: 1872/BSACo
DC no diamond, right side of butt
Serial number: 933, underside of breechblock and on breechblock release handle
Notes: Rob Mathes, Oromocto, New Brunswick, Canada
I wanted to include detailed photos I have taken but cant seem to figure out how to do it. I’m not the most wed savvy person so any help (links to the sites that I can do it from) would be great.
Battalion Number/Name: 2HGA (2nd Halifax Garrison Artillery)
Stand #: 180
Snider Mark: III
Rifle type: Short Rifle
Lock Date: 1872/BSACo
DC no diamond, right side of butt
Serial number: 933, underside of breechblock and on breechblock release handle
Notes: Rob Mathes, Oromocto, New Brunswick, Canada
I wanted to include detailed photos I have taken but cant seem to figure out how to do it. I’m not the most wed savvy person so any help (links to the sites that I can do it from) would be great.


















































