So I want a Black Powder pistol...

Until the Angels Fall

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 94.2%
49   3   0
Location
London, Ontario
HELP!!!

I have been having a craving to get a black powder pistol, to make my own lead balls and the whole deal:). I will just say that ATM I do NOT want a BP revolver...possibly down the road tho. I like these 3 I saw on MarStar's site...

-Pedersoli Kentucky Flintlock Pistol
Kentuckypistol-flintlock.jpg

-Pedersoli Kentucky Percussion Pistol
Kentuckypistol-cap.jpg

-Pedersoli Bounty Percussion Pistol
Bountypistol-cap.jpg


*all of these are in .45calibre

Flintlock vs. Percussion cap? How long does a piece of flint stay useful for? Ie. how many shots can you get off on one piece.

How are Davide Pedersoli pistols in general. Yes? No?

Advice?

Much thanks, UTAF
 
if you are not a regular flint shooter, I would go with percussion and the Kentucky one above in particular. Flints vary in longevity, depending on the individual lock. Pistol flints usually last a shorter time because they are smaller and there is less to knap back. On my best rifle I get between 60 and 80 shots per flint and knap twice during that time. Also the small flints for pistols tend to be harder to find than rifle size flints

cheers mooncoon
 
if you are not a regular flint shooter, I would go with percussion and the Kentucky one above in particular. Flints vary in longevity, depending on the individual lock. Pistol flints usually last a shorter time because they are smaller and there is less to knap back. On my best rifle I get between 60 and 80 shots per flint and knap twice during that time. Also the small flints for pistols tend to be harder to find than rifle size flints

cheers mooncoon

+1 on that. Flintlocks for the most part demand a bit more patients than the cap, there is more going on to get a spark for ignition and just a bit more for pistols.
 
If you're new to BP shooting I'd go cap and ball. Less learning curve. I took mooncoon's advice and it was definitely on the ball. Blackpowder is almost a whole other world of shooting, lots of small stuff to learn so removing the flint from the equasion definitely helped.

Then again, if you're dead set on a flinter, buy one - they're all fun.
 
bp pistol

pedersoli makes a good product (imho) however the single trigger system on both their pistol and rifle lines leave something to be desired- try to find one with a single or double set trigger for much more enjoyment and less frustration. regards
 
Mooncoon's advice is on the mark regarding flint vs percussion. The Bounty model is too long. Pedersoli makes a good product but 2 others are the T/C Patriot and T/C "Plains Pistol", I think it is called - both have dbl-sett triggers and a good reputation for accuracy and reliability. Regardless, they all are fun!
 
Back
Top Bottom