I recently came into ownership of some 30.06 surplus ammo. The ammo looks to be in good condition, FMJ bullets, unknown grain but guessing its 180 grn.
Is it safe to shoot these in modern hunting rifles? Not to hunt, but just for target shooting? Are the pressures going to be much higher, making it unsafe? I did cycle my rifle with them in there at the range (not shooting, just worked the bolt with them in the mag and ejecting them), and they all fit good in the chamber.
Is it safe to shoot these in modern hunting rifles? Not to hunt, but just for target shooting? Are the pressures going to be much higher, making it unsafe? I did cycle my rifle with them in there at the range (not shooting, just worked the bolt with them in the mag and ejecting them), and they all fit good in the chamber.
Last edited:


















































