Today I came face to face with the Holy Grail of blackpowder guns. It was a 4 bore muzzle loading flintlock. 
Apparently the thing takes upwards of 400gr of FFg and fires a 2200gr ball. The bore is H U G E !!!!
I found this pic on the internet showing a selection of 4 bore projectiles compared to a .22 rimfire and a 30-30 round.
I have given notice to the owner that I want to shoot this thing. How can one come face to face with such a rare piece of history and not sample it? Now I just have to find a suitable target. I'm thinking maybe a large pumpkin filled with red jello.
He also has a beautiful 10 bore double hammer rifle that I am gonna use to work up to the monstrous 4 bore. Ya gotta love eccentric gentlemen with money.
Apparently the thing takes upwards of 400gr of FFg and fires a 2200gr ball. The bore is H U G E !!!!
I found this pic on the internet showing a selection of 4 bore projectiles compared to a .22 rimfire and a 30-30 round.
I have given notice to the owner that I want to shoot this thing. How can one come face to face with such a rare piece of history and not sample it? Now I just have to find a suitable target. I'm thinking maybe a large pumpkin filled with red jello.
He also has a beautiful 10 bore double hammer rifle that I am gonna use to work up to the monstrous 4 bore. Ya gotta love eccentric gentlemen with money.


















































